I love that buying a couch from Craigslist resulted in one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time with new friendships being made. It all started when I moved into a fabulous but empty Crystal City apartment a few months ago. Our furnishings have been modest-- a futon, TV (on a small TV cart) and a yoga ball. The TV does not have a remote which is where the yoga ball comes into play. You roll it over to the TV and sit on it while you change the channel and then roll on back over to the futon and use the ball as a make-shift ottoman.
Last week as I was casually cruising the furniture section of craigs, I came upon a red 3 seater sofa and chair at a good price. And I knew right then it was the ONE. It was love at first sight. Fotunately, I was the first and I had to have it. The only thing about buying furniture, is finding someone with a truck willing to help you. I was lucky, I knew of a guy who would be willing to help out for just the cost of gas. Last night, a friend of mine came over to sell me her 311 ticket and while she was there I asked if she could come and help us with the couch. She's cool and we all crammed into his small truck. We all clicked and had fun on the way over. On the way home, we missed 395 and got on the wrong way to 495, creating a one hour detour. Most of the time, I might get frustrated. This time, I was having fun and didn't mind it at all.
When we got to my apartment building, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get into the passenger elevator because they have strict rules and the freight elevator was closed for the night. So my friend was able to carry the entire chair past the front desk without them noticing. Then, we had to get the sofa by them. We carried a RED sofa past the front desk and got past them. I was tip-toeing so they couldn't hear us coming and we were so stealth. We got that couch into the elevator successfully. By the time she saw us and said something, the doors were closing. When we got the couch situated, he throws a pillow at me and the next thing I know my whole apartment is in a huge pillow fight. But the fun didn't stop there. We went out to dinner at Champs and planned out what we're gonna do together. It starts this Saturday with a pizza and a movie and we'll all go clubbing sometime. I'm excited that we're all BFF now. And to think it all started with buying a couch....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment