Wednesday, December 30, 2009
2009 Year in Review
When I look back on this year, I have to say, "Great Success!" (In my best Borat accent). The first big surprise happened in February when Justin popped the question at the most unexpected moment. I know it took me a long minute for me to respond but the truth is I never really thought anyone would ever want to marry me. Later in the month, I had the opportunity to return to my old job at an ad agency. I was so happy to go back because I was getting burned out as a consultant and really needed a 9-5 job. Having more time at home allowed me to prepare for the wedding. We were married September 18th. Both the ceremony and reception went so smoothly that the day was pretty much perfect - expect for the part when my brother's cell phone went off during the ceremony. And, yes, he did step out to take the call :) One of my favorite moments that day was hearing our family friend, Sue, sing the Lord's Prayer. I knew she could sing but wow, what a beautiful voice! I'm also very grateful that our friend, Steve, could play and sing during the appetizer hour of our reception which helped set a lovely atmosphere. I really enjoyed seeing all our family and friends who came out for it. And I'm really thankful for the support of our families. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Standing across from Justin as we spoke our vows was the happiest moment of my life. I love him so much.We spent our honeymoon in Kaui at the Grand Hyatt for 10 days which was a perfect retreat after a busy year. That is my year in a nutshell. Hopefully the next year will be just as exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment